*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Simple corn and egg soup
- 2 tablespoons potato starch or corn starch
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 can cream-style corn
- 1/2 can corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
The instruction how to make Simple corn and egg soup
- Dissolve the potato or corn starch in 4 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Leave to a side.
- Put the chicken stock into a saucepan and bring it to a boil on medium heat.
- Add both kinds of corn into the stock and stir thoroughly.
- Add the salt and sugar. Bring it back to a boil.
- Stir the dissolved starch into the soup. Add a little at a time to the soup, stirring until it thickens.
- Add the beaten egg a little at a time while the soup is boiling. Stir in large circular motions.
- Once the egg has spread throughout the soup and has start to set, turn off the heat. It should take about 15-20 seconds.
Nutritions of Simple corn and egg soupcalories: